|This is my mean face.|
I have always been a fan of Craigslist, that is until recently. In fact, I have listed many things on Craigslist lately only to end up at eBay because of the CL spammers and/or losers.
But, I like to try to deal with people locally and this morning, I listed a Wacom Drawing Tablet (that I just had to have, but never got the hang of using it.) As with all Craigslist listings, you add your location so people will know where the item is. For example, I would not contact a seller for an item that is more than 25 miles away unless I really wanted it and was willing to make the drive to get it. That's just me...
So, I get this email today regarding the tablet. Read on:
- Danielle@maximus.com: I'm interested in the tablet. Please contact me if it's still available.
- Erica: Yes, i still have it. I'm in Georgetown. I can meet as far as round rock most afternoons around 3pm. You can pick it up in Georgetown anytime.
Second email / reply
- Danielle@maximus.com: If you can only come to RR around 3pm, I can pick up it up Saturday at one of the shopping plazas. I could pick it up sooner, but I'm working long hours right now and Georgetown is too far.
- Erica: Saturday works. Around 2-3? In Georgetown? I pick up kids from school in RR, so unfortunately, that is a M-F thing.
Third email / reply
- Danielle@maximus.com I can't do Georgetown and I work 12 hours days. If coming to Georgetown is a stipulation, you'll probably have to look for another buyer.
- Erica: Ok, Thx anyway.
Fourth email / reply
- Danielle@maximus.com Cool, when you realize you're making a mistake by forcing people to come to Georgetown and if I haven't gotten my replacement pen for my other tablet, feel free to contact me again. I might still be interested, but chances are slim.
- Erica: I live, work and play in Georgetown and NOT that desperate to sell it. I’d rather keep it for my kids than deal with buyers like you.
- Danielle@maximus.com Then don't waste people's time. It's ignorant people like you who give Craig's List a bad name. Don't e-mail this address again.
Or, rather, "SAVE"... and publish on my blog... because I like to get in the last word.
Seriously people. You would not order something from Target and then expect Target to meet you halfway for pick up. Nor should you expect it from a seller on Craigslist. I was willing to meet her. I was willing to work with her...what I was not willing to do was drive all over town to accommodate her schedule.
Ugh. Craigslist... I'm done with you.