08 February, 2014

Highlight Reel

Yeah, yeah... I realize it's been nearly three weeks since my last update.  So, here's the highlight reel...

1.) Randy finally shaved his beard and cut his hair.  Man... that was a long time coming.  He looks so much more handsome without all of that hair covering his face.  And, several people confirmed that he looked better beardless and that he looked younger without it!  Hallelujah!


2.) Basketball season is coming to a close.  Elisan's team is undefeated.  There are 5 very phenomenal 8th grade basketball girls on the team and they have led the team to victory after victory.  Of course, Elisan and her fellow 7th graders get plenty of playing time and they are having a lot of fun.  The 8th grade girls are great role models for the younger girls and I'm so glad that Elisan decided to play basketball again this year.




3.) I mentioned that Elisan had her science fair last month.  She placed 6th out of 35 kids.  Not bad!    Her project was comparing the national brand laundry detergent (TIDE) vs. store brand (HEB) vs. homemade detergent (Borax, Washing Powder and Castille soap) on various stains.  The national brand was the clear winner, while the HEB brand and homemade version results were equal. Interesting stuff!


4.) We all ran our very first 5K race on February 1st in Georgetown.  It's called the Cupid's Chase.  We all ran such different times that we ended up running solo by the end of the race.  I'm so proud of Kyla and Elisan for their hard work!  They did amazing and I think they may have caught the 5K racing bug.

Our results were:
Kyla finished 1st place (out of boys and girls) in her age group 1-10 yrs; Time - 24:51
Elisan finished 2nd place in her age group 11-14 yrs; Time - 27:15
Erica finished 4th place in her age group 40-44 yrs; Time - 28:40
Randy finished 7th in his age group 40-44 yrs; Time - 25:17



5.) I've really been hitting the gym hard lately.  And, I'm still tracking my food and calorie intake.  My weight lifting as really come along and I'm amazed at home my body has "muscle memory" as I'm doing these weight lifting exercises I haven't done in over 18 months.  I've noticed my definition coming back in my arms and legs and it's a nice surprise.

6.) Randy and I just finished booking all of our travel stops for our summer vacation "ROAD TRIP 2014 - CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!"  We are traveling to Yosemite National Park and making stops along the way to Death Valley National Park, Las Vegas, Sequoia National Park & Kings Canyon, Bryce Canyon National Park and Zion National Park.  We'll be making pit stops in Flagstaff and Albuquerque as well.  The driving will definitely be more grueling this time around, with two very long days on the road, but it's all worth it!

I'm so glad that Randy and I decided to do the National Park tours with the girls. This will be our third summer trip in a row to do this kind of trip. They are old enough to remember it, yet young enough to still enjoy it... if that makes sense!  Last thing I want is a teenager in the back seat making the trip miserable for the entire family... and lucky us, Elisan won't be a teenager until after this trip!

And that's about all for now.


1 comment:

  1. Ok, Randy looks like he is walking in this pic:) and look at you arms in that pic!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.